I'll be holding Xanboni Figureskating Camp this summer at my home rink June 6 through September 2. Camp will run Monday, Thursday, and Friday from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. and will include 2 to 3 1/2 hours skating plus off-ice, snack and/or crafts each day. It is for skaters in Beta through FS 3, with an option for high Freestyle skaters if I get enough of them. You don't need to sign up for every day, or for every week. There will be a discount for skaters who sign up for at least 8 weeks. Cost of coaching plus ice will be $10 to $17 per hour depending on how many skaters (in other words, I'll drop the price as I add students).
The curriculum will be ISI and USFS skills at the skater's level (as assessed in the first week of camp). Students who skate all camp days can expect to move up at least one level. The instructors will be me, my daughter and another local skater, with a guaranteed student-teacher ratio of 4:1 or better.
- Freestyle students will start to learn USFS Moves-in-the-Field patterns for the Pre-Preliminary and Preliminary Tests. Students that meet USFS standards can take the official test at the end of the summer (test optional, additional cost).
- Learn to Skate students will work on strong edges, crossovers and stroking, in both the “moves” patterns and the Robert Crown pre-freestyle level patterns.
- Stretching, cardio, outdoors games, crafts
- All instructors on the ice while campers practice on their own
- Students who want to appear in the Robert Crown July Open Competition and/or the End-Of-Summer Exhibition can take additional privates with Nora or Xan for choreography and practice. Programs can also be practiced during camp sessions.
If you have any questions, put them in the comments, or email me email@example.com.